Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day #115: Merry Christmas Eve!!!

Everyone in the Bushmann Clan woke early this morning. Thomas took Julia, Marina, Bryan and I to the Nürnberg Christkindelsmarkt. This is a very famous Christmas Markt in Germany; every German knows it. The markt has a 200 year old carosel that is still in working condition! It was beautiful, despite the on and off rain throughout the day. It was nice to spend a day with the kids and act like one as well. I went through Nürnberg and took duplicates of all the pictures I took 2 and a half years ago from the last time I was here. What memories it brought back!
Back at the house, everyone got ready for church and we walked together down the road to the service. The church was very full and beautifully decorated. I love hearing Christmas carols sung in German. It was really nice. After the service, we all walked back to the house where Thomas and Bettina had decorated the living room and the Christmas tree. It was just beautiful, but sadly reminded me of home. Everyone opened their gifts one by one. Julia and I each got German books from the Bushmanns :). I love German books, so much learning involved.
After opening presents we had a HUGE Christmas dinner. We stuffed our faces and were so full. I love spending time with another family from whom I can learn. We played German boardgames and played cards and watched movies and just spent time enjoying each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment