Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 117: Dec. 26th Bamberg

The Buschmanns hosted a brunch this morning for their close friends and neighbors. I really enjoyed it. We all played games and ate and I got to practice some German, it was a very nice morning. In the afternoon, Bettina took Julia, Sarah and I to Bamberg to see the old city. I've been to Bamberg before, but only on the US base and I've never seen the city of Bamberg before. Bamberg is a beautiful city that sits on a river. There is even a part of the city that is known as "Little Venice."
We did some walking and wondering and picture taking. We even took a tour by bus through the city and up to the castle. It was a beautiful day, just perfect for seeing the view from the castle. After the tour, we stopped for dinner at a small restaurant. Bettina let Julia and I try the local bier. The bier in Bamberg is a smoked beer. It's very dark and it tastes just like a campfire. It was not my favorite, but I did like it and that bier sure will put some hair on your chest.
I am really enjoying my visit with the Buschmanns. I am missing my family during the holidays, but this is definitely a learning opportunity and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment